-->

August 21, 2016

When the contents don't match the packaging


There's nothing better than being able to go to a store and swatch to your heart's content to find that perfect shade of eyeshadow or lipstick. Unless you're looking for something specific, it can be quite fun and maybe even relaxing. But what about when we have to purchase something online? Maybe a special online sale, or a brand that's not available in your local store. You hope that the packaging shows the colour accordingly and that maybe there's a blogger or two that have swatches for you to refer to.

When the package and the inner contents don't match, sometimes it's a pleasant surprise. Most of the time, it's a disappointment.



Unfortunately, that's what happened with a colour that I picked while at GenBeauty. At the Absolute New York booth, I spun a wheel and got to choose my colour of Velvet Lippie. I chose a beautiful dusty rose colour. Or so I thought.


The mouse like lipstick is very similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. It has the exact same texture and very sweet smell. It even has a doe foot applicator. But unlike it's NYX twin, the colour on the inside didn't match the colour on the outside. 


As it turns out, Mull It Over is not a dusty rose, nor is it a mulled wine colour. It's instead a bright pink, almost a fuchsia. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed as it's not a colour I usually pick for myself. I don't particularly care for the colour on either.

So needless to say, unless they arrive at a local store where I'm able to swatch, I wont be looking at this brand,

2 comments:

  1. Major pet peeve, lippies are the worst but also brow products. Don't call it dark when it is mid-brown

    ReplyDelete