-->

July 07, 2016

ABH Modern Renaissance: Swatch + Review



Since the day the beauty world laid their eyes on pictures of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eye shadow palette, everyone and their grandmother needed to have it.




This neutral and berry toned palette contains 14 buttery smooth eye shadows, consisting of 3 shimmery and 8 matte colours (Venetian Red looks shimmery in person and much more in photos, but it doesn't apply shimmery at all)

While the berry shadows might be intimidating to some, the rest of the colors come together to create some amazing neutral or smokey eyes. Add in those berries, and you've just stepped up your game.


In all honesty, I'm pretty sure the Modern Renaissance eye shadows put most of my collection to shame. These shadows are super pigmented, so finely milled, super smooth and blend like a dream. Believe it or not, the only colour to give me the smallest amount of difficulty was Venetian Red. It's not quite as pigmented as the rest.


The brush that comes with this palette is pretty cheap in my opinion. While the brush is made in China, the eye shadows are cruelty free and made in the USA. Note, some colours contain carmine, therefore they are not vegan.


After hearing how amazing it is, and getting ready to see the swatches below, you might be wondering how much a spectacular palette like this might cost.




Let me start off with a little math for you. Each shadow in the palette contains 0.02oz of product. A regular full size ABH eye shadow contains 0.059oz of product. With this in mind, the Modern Renaissance palette contains the same amount of products as 4.745 individual eye shadows. Given the fact that a full size shadow is $16 CAD, the estimated value of the palette is $75.92. The palette's being sold for $55. You're definitely getting your money's worth.

7 comments:

  1. I;m really never going to get tired of staring at this palette... am I? That's an interesting breakdown for the eyeshadows - they're a good value, but I hadn't realized how little was in the pans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was surprised when I figured it all out. There's already a few favourites, and I think ABH has some of them as singles. So I'll have to get my hands on them if/when I hit pan

      Delete
  2. This is a very lovely combo of colours -quite versatile. It is great that you worked it out per shadow although I often find with these large palettes that I only use a fraction of them so I never get the full value out of them. This one has lots that I would use though so I would probably find it good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not as intimidating as they seem! I can see myself going through a good 75% of this palette

      Delete
  3. This palette is beautiful. I love the color Love Letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Letter is beautiful... I'm trying to build up the courage to wear that one on it's own. That one still has me a little nervous.

      Delete